UE 3G Abacus Pte Ltd & U E Learning Centre
3rd Generation (2-in-1) Abacus, or 3G Abacus, is a new concept that combines 9-bead and traditional abacus. It allows students to pick up the technique of Abacus more quickly, and relate better to mainstream Mathematics.
Our founder, Mdm Chee, who has over a decade of experience in Abacus training, leads a team of high quality instructors to expand the awareness of the 3G abacus and the growing need for abacus training in Singapore and around the world.
U E Learning Centre has been established since 2002. We have come through these years from initially having insufficient human and physical resources, to our current status of having nearly 100 trained instructors around Singapore. Every year, we have more than 1000 new students in various locations of Singapore, such as Residential Committees (RCs), Community Centres (CCs), private education centres, kindergartens and schools etc.
In the next 10 years, we look forward to welcoming more overseas franchisees. With more students worldwide, we hope to expand the global reach of our annual International Competition. We also have plans to create E-Learning Systems for 3G Abacus in the near future.
UE 3G Abacus Pte Ltd was established on February 2012, as part of the expansion of U E Learning Centre in 3G Abacus industry.
- U E Learning Centre was set up by Mdm Chee.
- Since 3G abacus was introduced in Singapore, it has been well received by the public and has become very popular with the new generations.
- We created our own course materials, 3G Abacus and books.
- Many foreigners from various countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, India, China and Taiwan, have also gained the interest to learn the 3G Abacus. We have also received numerous recognition from the public.
- The inaugural 3G Abacus-Mental Arithmetic Competition was held.
- 3G Abacus Instructors’ Workshop was conducted by U E Learning Centre. This course is specially designed to help new and current Abacus Instructors acquire the latest teaching techniques so as to improve the standard of Abacus teaching in Singapore. Currently, there are around 200 Abacus teachers in the market trained by Mdm Chee, and most of them have achieved outstanding teaching results.
- The 3G Abacus website was also setup in the same year. Since the launch of the website, our visitors’ traffic has also increased from both local and overseas. We felt very encouraged by the fact that our website has provided us many opportunities to introduce the 3G Abacus course to overseas educational parties.
- We have had education professionals from USA, India, Indonesia, China, Thailand and many more coming over to Singapore to learn 3G Abacus and also about our culture of Abacus in Singapore.
- 3G Abacus-Mental Arithmetic Competition went international! The inaugural 3G Abacus-Mental Arithmetic International Competition 2008 was held.
- U E Learning Centre has been registered with the Singapore People’s Association (PA) as “Private Operator for 3G Abacus-Mental Arithmetic Course at CCs/RCs”.
- The West Malaysia franchisee was also set up.
- U E Learning Centre conducted a charity volunteer teaching program with Sunbeam of Singapore Children Society.
- We implemented licensee arrangements locally in order to control the quality of 3G Abacus teaching in a systematic way.
- We have also established our very own 3G Abacus Mental-Arithmetic International Grading Exam System.
- U E Learning Centre successfully held the 1st 3G Abacus Mental-Arithmetic International Grading Examination on 4th September 2011.
- We had also expanded our business with a total of over 180 places to enrol in the 3G Abacus course.
- UE 3G Abacus Pte Ltd started operation in February.
- We have expanded our reach and introduced 3G Abacus to Turkey! Our first Master Licensee in Turkey attained the business license in August.
- U E Learning Centre sent a team of 9 members to participate in the Hong Kong International Mathematics and Mental Arithmetic Competition 2013. We clinched 1st prize for Primary 4 in Team Category and several Individual awards!
- UE 3G Abacus Pte Ltd was awarded with Singapore’s Outstanding Enterprise 2013.
- 3G Abacus International Competition was successfully held. Representatives from our Turkey franchise has participated in this event.
- On Dec 2014, we have successfully introduced 3G Abacus to Saudi Arabia as our 3rd overseas Master Licensee.
- We sent a team to Tangkak, Johor Malaysia in July 2015 to participate in the International Abacus Mental Arithmetic Competition. One of our student clinched the 1st of Champion in Category D, and 4 of our students clinched 1st prize on Category B, C and D respectively!
- UE 3G Abacus Pte Ltd successfully held the 5th 3G Abacus Mental-Arithmetic International Competition on 5 June 2016, and we welcomed teams from Malaysia, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia to Singapore to join us!
- 3G Abacus Singapore sent a team of students to take part in the International Abacus & Mental Arithmetic Competition in Sarawak Malaysia, and 1 of our students clinched overall Champion in Category A.
- 3G Abacus expands Franchise to Delhi & NCR region in India!
- 3G Abacus Singapore sent a team of students to take part in the International Abacus & Mental Arithmetic Competition in Tangkak Malaysia, and 65% of our team was awarded with Gold Award!
- UE 3G Abacus Pte Ltd held the 6th 3G Abacus Mental-Arithmetic International Competition, and welcomed teams from Malaysia, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan to participate in this competition!
- 3G Abacus expands to Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.